Return to main
Kriegsgefangen Research Forum
Click the POW banner to return

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    GBGuestbook    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for information on Oberstabsarzt Enzinger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kriegsgefangen Research Forum Forum Index -> General | Allgemein
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirjahn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Looking for information on Oberstabsarzt Enzinger Reply with quote

As the title states I am looking for information about a German medical officer Oberstabsarzt Enzinger who I believe may have been captured in August 1944 in the vicinity of Rennes France, most likely by elements of the US 4th Armored Division. Prior to his capture he was the head administrator of the German POW hospital for wounded Allied POWs in Rennes variously identified as EPS Rennes, Rennes Military Hospital, Frontstalag 221 W from July to August 1944.

I have several signatures on death certificates and I am trying to find out more about the man, first name, unit, history, etc. I have information that he was in Berlin prior to the war and in Frankfurt for a time after the war but that is about it.

Does anyone have a place for me to start looking for him?

Enzinger signatures.jpg
 Description:
signatures of Enzinger
 Filesize:  22.68 KB
 Viewed:  579 Time(s)

Enzinger signatures.jpg

sirjahn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a reply back from the Deutsche Dienstelle and he was indeed captured. I am following up on him there. His full name was Dr. Ernst Enzinger, wife Minna, lived during the war in Euerdorf near Hammelburg. Their information says he was assigned to Frontstalag 221.

So still looking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kriegsgefangen Research Forum Forum Index -> General | Allgemein All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: